As I mentioned yesterday I had a key rack that used to hang in my craft room, that I reworked a little. I didn't want to waste it by just putting it in the back of a closet, now that my crafting room has turned into a space under the stairs.
It's taken me a while to decide what to do with it. Then the other day as I was wrestling some necklaces apart in my jewellery box it hit me.
It would make the perfect thing to hang my necklaces and bracelets.
It used to be orange, which worked well in my craft room but not so much in my bedroom and robe.
Rather than strip back the orange though, I wanted hints of it to show through when I scratched, scraped and sanded back the pretty teal that was going to cover it.
First I hit it with a coat of white, so that hints of that would show through as well. Once those two coats (white + teal) had dried I went to work messing it up. That part is always so much fun!
Then I painted a coat of white over the top, and wiped it back with a damp cloth. Which left it looking like this. Love.
I then added the word 'dress'
Because of where I'm hanging it the little eyelets weren't suitable. Nothing a little lace couldn't fix.
Ta da! I am so happy with the result.
Now it is happily hanging in my robe, with my weeks jewellery there waiting for me.
And the best part is that it didn't cost me a thing. I had everything for it here already. I just love it when that happens.